I offer personalized safaris in selected wildlife areas throughout Africa. Currently,
I conduct predator and primate safaris for the renowned Africa Geographic magazine.
These expeditions can accommodate from 6 to 12 people at a time.
I also offer tailor-made safaris that can include specialist and/or photographic
safaris, bird or animal interaction safaris. I conduct my safaris throughout Africa
so that I can maximize the chances of being at the best wildlife hotspot at the
My privately guided safaris offer these added benefits:
- absolute flexibility in itineraries and time frames to suit specific needs
- an unrivalled learning experience enhanced by firsthand specialist knowledge and
- a safari adventure that is steadily built and controlled on a daily basis, eliminating
any repetition that can occur when various guides are used
- an in-depth knowledge of each destination which allows for the ultimate adherence
to stringent safety standards at all times.
Private safaris can be arranged to many destinations throughout Africa. Each itinerary
is custom designed to suit your needs, interests and timeframe in order to provide
the best possible experience.
I offer the choice of:
- Big Game
- ..or a combination of the above.
I work with only top quality camps and lodges, most located on private wildlife
reserves. Accomodation will vary depending on location, however, every camp/lodge
offers en-suite facilities (unless otherwise stated). I prefer to work with small,
intimate properties off the beaten path that can provide my guests with very personalized
service and excellent game viewing opportunities far from the crowds.
- the vast Masai Mara, single largest concentrations of plains game in the world
- the great Amboseli plains, magical backdrop to many a documentary
- Kilamanjaro : world of chimpanzees, forests, early morning mist and Lake Victoria
- Zanzibar: spicy blend of Eastern and African cultures
- Okovango Delta: breeding ground for wildlife, birds, plants and aquatic life.
- Northern Botswana: wild dogs, abundant elephant, all the large predators
- arid red dunes of Sossusvlei Park
- harsh, beautiful salt pan of Etosha: excellent game viewing
- dramatic seas crashing onto the rugged Skeleton Coast
- Kruger National Park, home to the “Big Five”
- egg-laying turtles on the beaches of the KwaZulu Natal coastline
- quaint village of Hermanus: land-based whale watching, cage diving with sharks
- home to the last 600 of the world’s Mountain Gorillas, tree climbing lion and elephants
- a Victoria Falls adventure with traditional African culture
- An action experience: bungi jumping, white river rafting, helicopter flights over
the falls, abseiling